The symposium will cover the following topics:
- State of the art evidence on health conditions related to extremes of weight (under and overnutrition) among young children.
- Management of health conditions related to extremes of weight (under and overnutrition) among young children within the context of multisector integration.
- Opportunities for multi-sector networking and collarboration for attendees who work with young children and their families.
April 25, 2019
Join Early Ages Healthy Stages Coalition members at a Communications and Advocacy Training Workshop on April 25 from 2:00-4:00 PM. The workshop will help build your understanding and skills to advance policies that impact early childhood health and wellness and its intersection with quality early childhood education. Topics covered at the training will include advocacy versus lobbying, tips for engaging with policymakers, effective storytelling and making your voice heard.
We are pleased to have Lynanne Gutierrez, Policy Director and Legal Counsel at Groundwork, provide early childhood equity and advocacy training to help mobilize local early childhood stakeholders around shared state policy priorities to advance investments in early childhood education and health. It will include a statewide overview of disaggregated data in addition to practical advocacy training to help prepare coalition members for the May 8 Early Childhood State Advocacy Day in Columbus.
We look forward to forming an EAHS team to attend the May 8 advocacy day and will share the registration information as soon as it is released as it is expected to reach capacity.
Monthly meeting of the Early Ages Healthy Stages Coalition
- Parents and Families
- Early Care and Education Providers
- Health Care Professionals
- Agencies and Organizations
- Community members
For more information, contact: Shayla L. Davis at 216-201-2001 ext. 1514 or firstname.lastname@example.org