Designated Ohio Healthy Programs are early care and education programs that have chosen to go above and beyond licensing requirements for health. These programs show their families and community that they are dedicated to the health and wellness of the children that they serve.
Ohio Healthy Programs is an Ohio-Approved, healthy program that offers training and technical assistance for early care and education providers on best practices in building healthy habits, menus, and policies. Ohio Healthy Programs is available to all early care and education programs in the State of Ohio, free of charge.
To earn the Ohio Healthy Program designation for your center or home, you need to:
- Complete all sessions of the free, Step Up to Quality approved training for your program.
- Session 1: Healthy Habits, is a 4 part training and must be attended by one teacher from each age level that you serve.
- Session 2: Healthy Menus, is the menu training which must be attended by the cook, menu planner, and/or administrator.
- Session 3: Healthy Policies, is the policy training which must be attended by the administrator.
- Complete the Ohio Healthy Programs Online Application.
- Provide at least one family engagement activity around health and wellness.
- Demonstrate that your menus meet Ohio Healthy Program Menu requirements.
- Adopt at least one new healthy policy
*Free technical assistance is available to all Cuyahoga County centers that complete the training. During your visits with your technical assistance person, you will receive $500 worth of incentives to support you in your Ohio Healthy goals!
Ohio Healthy Programs in Cuyahoga County:
See how Cuyahoga County has been successful in improving early childhood environments by partnering with early care and education providers.
Current Ohio Healthy Programs:
- A Jubilee Academy. Cleveland, 44110.
- Abundant Living Child Care. North Olmsted, 44070.
- Arnette Hines FCCH. Cleveland, 44108
- Bellaire CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44135
- Brilliant Minds Academy. Cleveland, 44107.
- Buckeye CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44120
- Care A Lot Day Care and Achievement Center. Cleveland, 44135
- Carl B. Stokes CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44112
- Cleveland Child Care. Cleveland, 44102
- Earl B Turner CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44103
- Education with Imagination. Cleveland, 44105
- Fundamentals Menorah Park. Beachwood, 44122
- George L. Forbes CEOGC Head Start and Early Learning Center. Cleveland, 44112
- Haynes Nursery School. Lakewood, 44107
- Harvey Home Day Care FCCH. Cleveland, 44120
- Kiddie Kounty Child Care FFCH. Cleveland, 44111
- Kidz R Kidz Childcare Center. Cleveland, 44105
- King Kennedy Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44104
- Kristi’s Kids. Brook Park, 44142
- Lakeview Terrace Preschool CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44103
- Lakewood Child Care Center. Lakewood, 44107
- Little Achiever’s Learning Center FCCH. Cleveland Hts., 44112
- Louis Stokes CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44128
- Loving Cup Kids Academy- Brooklyn. Brooklyn, 44144
- Loving Cup Kids Academy- Fairview Park. Fairview Park, 44126
- Marisol Home Day Care FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
- My Nana Too FCCH. Garfield Heights, 44125
- Outhwaite Head Start. Cleveland, 44104
- Parkside Preschool and Child Care Center. Westlake, 44145
- Parma Preschool. Parma, 44134
- Patricia Alexander FCCH. Warrensville Heights, 44128
- Pearl Road CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44109
- Plymouth CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44120
- Phases and Stages Quality Childcare FCCH. Cleveland, 44108
- Precious Beginnings FCCH. Cleveland, 44108
- Puritas CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44135
- Sandy’s Darlin’ Munchkins FCCH. Cleveland Heights, 44121
- Sister J’s Child Enrichment Center FCCH. Cleveland, 44120
- St. Ignatius Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44111
- St. Peter’s Child Care. Lakewood, 44107
- Union Miles CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44105
- Valley Christian Preschool. Chagrin Falls, 44022
- Villa CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44127
- Williard CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44102
- Wings to Fly FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
If you are interested in having your child attend a designated Ohio Healthy Program please contact: