Designated Ohio Healthy Programs are early care and education programs that have chosen to go above and beyond licensing requirements for health. These programs show their families and community that they are dedicated to the health and wellness of the children that they serve.
Ohio Healthy Programs is an Ohio-Approved, healthy program that offers training and technical assistance for early care and education providers on best practices in building healthy habits, menus, and policies. Ohio Healthy Programs is available to all early care and education programs in the State of Ohio, free of charge.
To earn the Ohio Healthy Program designation for your center or home, you need to:
Complete all sessions of the free, Step Up to Quality approved training for your program.
Session 1: Healthy Habits, is a 4 part training and must be attended by one teacher from each age level that you serve.
Session 2: Healthy Menus, is the menu training which must be attended by the cook, menu planner, and/or administrator.
Session 3: Healthy Policies, is the policy training which must be attended by the administrator.
Complete the Ohio Healthy Programs Online Application.
Provide at least one family engagement activity around health and wellness.
Demonstrate that your menus meet Ohio Healthy Program Menu requirements.
Adopt at least one new healthy policy
*Free technical assistance is available to all Cuyahoga County centers that complete the training. During your visits with your technical assistance person, you will receive $500 worth of incentives to support you in your Ohio Healthy goals!
Ohio Healthy Programs in Cuyahoga County:
See how Cuyahoga County has been successful in improving early childhood environments by partnering with early care and education providers.
Current Ohio Healthy Programs:
- A Jubilee Academy. Cleveland, 44110
- Abundant Living Child Care. North Olmsted, 44070
- Arcoiris Home Day Care, Carmen Nunez FCCH. Cleveland, 44102
- Arnette Hines FCCH. Cleveland, 44108
- Bedford Heights Day care and Nursery Center. Bedford Heights, 44146
- Big Mama Ray’s Childcare LLC, Rashawn Algee FCCH. Cleveland, 44128
- BJ’s Growth Center, Nicole Radford FCCH. Bedford Heights, 44146
- Brilliant Minds Academy. Cleveland, 44107
- Buckeye CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44120
- Buzzy Little Bees, Ernestine Edinburgh FCCH. Euclid, 44123
- Care A Lot Day Care and Achievement Center. Cleveland, 44135
- Carl B. Stokes CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44112
- Claudia’s Childcare, Claudy Patterson FCCH. Cleveland, 44128
- Cleveland Child Care Inc. Cleveland, 44102
- Cleveland Children’s Daycare Academy. Parma, 44130
- Constance Johnson FCCH. Euclid, 44117
- Corrinna Bryant FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
- Dapine Coats-Bender FCCH. Cleveland, 44122
- Develop and Enhance the Mind, Maribel Guerra FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
- Early Childhood Center at Arbor Park. Cleveland, 44115
- Early Childhood Enrichment Center Shaker Heights. Shaker Heights, 44122
- East End Individual Learning Center. Cleveland, 44104
- Education with Imagination. Cleveland, 44105
- Emerald Stars Achievement Center, Belinda Stark-Hughey FCCH. Bedford, 44146
- The Family Life Center of Berea. Berea, 44107
- The Family Life Center of Lakewood. Lakewood, 44107
- Forever Growing Day Care LLC. Cleveland, 44104
- Fundamentals Menorah Park. Beachwood, 44122
- Future Kids Academy. Cleveland, 44102
- Future Kids Activity Center. Cleveland, 44111
- Ganon Gil Preschool at Temple-Tifereth Israel. Beachwood, 44122
- George L. Forbes CEOGC Head Start and Early Learning Center. Cleveland, 44112
- Green Road CEOGC Early Learning Center. Highland Hills, 44128
- Haynes Nursery School. Lakewood, 44107\
- Homey Touches Day Care, Myrna Feliciano FCCH. Cleveland, 44019
- IXL Childcare and Learning Center. Cleveland Heights, 44118
- Kiddie City Childcare Community. Euclid, 44123
- Kiddie Kounty Child Care, Glenda Jackson FFCH. Cleveland, 44111
- Kidz R Kidz Childcare Center. Cleveland, 44105
- King Kennedy Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44104
- Kristi’s Kids. Brook Park, 44142
- Lakeview Terrace Preschool CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44103
- Lakewood Child Care Center. Lakewood, 44107
- Little Achiever’s Learning Center, Robbie L. Willis FCCH. Cleveland Hts., 44112
- Louis Stokes CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44128
- Loving Cup Kids Academy- Brooklyn. Brooklyn, 44144
- Marisol Home Day Care, Marisol Figueroa FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
- Merrick House. Cleveland, 44113
- My Nana Too, Betty McNear FCCH. Garfield Heights, 44125
- North Olmsted Horizon Education Center. North Olmsted, 44070
- Our Gang Childcare, Barbara Davis FCCH. Euclid, 44132
- Outhwaite Head Start. Cleveland, 44104
- Parkside Preschool and Child Care Center. Westlake, 44145
- Parma Preschool. Parma, 44134
- Patricia Alexander FCCH. Warrensville Heights, 44128
- Phases and Stages Quality Childcare, Benita Martinez FCCH. Cleveland, 44108
- Pleasurable Child Care Center. Warrensville Heights, 44128
- Positive Beginnings Childcare and Preschool, Brenda Assian Type A FCCH. Euclid, 44132
- Puritas CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44135
- Rainbow Terrace Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44104
- Riverside Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44135
- Sandy’s Darlin’ Munchkins, Cassandra Thompson FCCH. Cleveland Heights, 44121
- Shirley Hart FCCH. Euclid, 44123
- Sister J’s Child Enrichment Center, Joanna Adams FCCH. Cleveland, 44120
- Small Wonders, Constance Johnson FCCH. Cleveland, 44128
- St. Ignatius Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44111
- St. Peter’s Child Care. Lakewood, 44107
- Thomas Aquinas Catholic Charities Head Start. Cleveland, 44106
- Union Miles CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44105
- Valley Christian Preschool. Chagrin Falls, 44022
- Villa CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44127
- William Patrick Day CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44115
- Williard CEOGC Head Start. Cleveland, 44102
- Wings to Fly, Faith Saunders FCCH. Cleveland, 44109
If you are interested in having your child attend a designated Ohio Healthy Program please contact: